Terms & Conditions
The term ‘ScriptoSphere’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website. Following are the terms and conditions that ScriptoSphere wants our customers to know before they agree to do business with us:
- We make an assessment of the quality of recording on receiving our clients’ audio/video file, and quote the price depending on the transcription category. As mentioned on our Policy page, pricing, turnaround time and accuracy of the transcript are according to the audio quality. More details on pricing are given on the ScriptoSphere homepage and Policy page. Type 3 audio is only transcribed if the client assumes the risk that transcript quality may not be 99% accurate, and approves. We may request full upfront payment in advance for the same.
- You accept that occasionally there will be unavoidable inaccuracies due to very poor audio quality, English spoken with thick foreign accents, obscure regional slang or dialect, unfamiliar proper names and nouns, and in extremely rare occasions, due to human negligence.
- We assure you that the research done on our files for difficult names, geographical locations, technical jargons and slang will be as accurate as possible. However, in case the subject matter is something absolutely new, and contains never before heard jargons and words, we cannot guarantee complete accuracy. Hence, it is the client’s job to provide us with the necessary data related to the audio files, in order to get a more complete and accurate transcript at the end.
- Audio Transcription is not an easy task, and involves long hours of concentration and hard work. For example, to transcribe a one hour audio file, it can take anywhere between 8 to 10 hours. So, it’s only fair that we get paid for it. We may ask or require you to pay 50% of the quote before we begin the assignment. We may also ask for some limited personal details such as full name, designation and company name for our records.
- We usually deliver clean transcripts with no fillers or repetitive words. However, if you need verbatim transcripts, we’ll be more than happy to oblige and do it for you at no extra cost, but it is very important for you to mention this before the assignment starts. We are not responsible for the transcript if the clients don’t mention the formatting upfront.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).