What is it?
Books, books, more books, interviews, internet, coffee, digital recorder, interviews, academic transcription, more books, local pub. Just kidding about the pub! As the name suggests, it relates to academia. Or for the layman out there, schools, colleges, universities, anything literary. It can be related to, or encompass the following:
- Graduate/postgraduate thesis research.
- Focus group discussions.
- Social, scientific or psychological topics.
- Lectures and seminars from schools, colleges, universities.
- Lectures/interviews by prominent professors and researchers.
- Technical presentations from major companies like IBM, Microsoft etc.
- Special lectures for students, interns, prospective employees in job fairs.
Why are we good at Academic Transcription?
As you can maybe guess from our incredible command over English, use of incredulously rare and difficult words. And an awesome, humble attitude. We are well versed with transcribing academic interviews. In fact, we’ve been doing it for over 10 years. While it is the most interesting branch of transcription, it can present a few challenges, which we are more than capable of dealing with. When we tackle interviews related to academia, we make sure we do the following:
- Have vast general knowledge.
- Intensive online research.
- Understand various international accents.
- Provide a legal non-disclosure agreement.
- Send final transcript as a well-formatted, accurate, and high quality document.
- Send the transcript to you in the format of your choice.
- Have 20 fingers and type at a speed of 300 WPM.
Okay, the last part may be a bit exaggerated. It can be a tricky maze to solve. But with our experience of over 10 years in academic transcription, we believe we are well equipped to do just that. Furthermore, the legal non-disclosure agreement we provide doesn’t hurt either.
Also, many schools, colleges and universities get their lectures, presentations and interviews transcribed for students with hearing disability. That is one way to ensure they don’t miss out on any important study material.
Below is more info about our academic transcription services.